Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Devolution

Well, I have finally had a little bit of time to draw since I've been out of the pen, hehe. All of these are from a Star, celebrity news magazine. Of course it's beach season, so everyone is mostly in bikinis and swimsuits. I mostly wanted to do a fold study on suits, because I watched this sweet animation called "Feelings from Mountain and Water" from the Shanghai Animation Film Studio and directed by Te Wei in 1988. It has some very expressive brushwork, but alas my religious reading of Star magazine only showed me a handful of suits and nothing but flesh and skimpy clothing, oh well.

Anyways, here are my devolutions, where I do a slow and steady realistic rendering, and slowly distort and caricature drawing by drawing.



Here is Selena Gomez



Here is Julianne Hough, not really sure who she is




Here are a couple of the sweet suit studies that I was talking about, dang doesn't this show, Torchwood, look awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment