Saturday, April 30, 2011

Dancing to the Bosko Beat

Wow, I meant to post this thing like two or three months ago, but I guess I got busy and forgot. I had it posted on my vimeo channel, but I never got around to blogging about it.

This thing, would be the first lesson on animation from the John K Stuff blog. He talks about animating a simple character on musical beats as the fastest way to learn how to animate. So he then shows a clip of Bosko, from the 30's and it's simple enough to figure out. I went a little further, and got a couple more seconds of footage animated. This was also my first and only attempt at traditional animation with pencil and paper on my homemade light table (actually it turned out really good for only $15).

Bosko Dance Animation from Tyler Williams on Vimeo.



Now tell me what you think, hopefully I can get back to doing this more, it's sweet to flip through the animation and see it move before my eyes. Some nostalgic feeling that computer programs have never giving me, it just feels more real.

Here is the original post
John K Stuff: Animation Course Level 1, Lesson 1 - The Beat - Kali Does Bosko

1 comment: