Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My First Demo Reel

I finally put together a demo reel.  This is a compilation of the last couple years of work.  My first one was done back at the beginning of 2009.  That is when i bought my first wacom bamboo tablet and started getting into art and animation.  I was also living out of my van, snowboarding everyday in the Colorado mountains, and animating every night at the public library.  Seems like such a long time ago.

After that I came back to Montana, and did a couple more little animations here and there.  Then for my 20th birthday in 2009, my girlfriend bought me an Intuos 3 9x12 tablet, which helped my digital art out a lot.  I realized though that my lack of solid drawing abilities made the animation much harder.  So from then until now I've been learning how to draw, and that's why I started this blog.  I started it to post my lessons from the $100,000 drawing course from the famous John K.

After a long stint away from animating, I've been able to get back into it recently and it feels good.  My drawing abilities have gotten better, but those still have a long way to go.  My animating abilities have also gotten way better, which I think can be seen from the intro to my demo reel that I just animated a couple days ago.

I made this demo reel because I saw a job posting for a animating job on craigslist, but I realized I didn't have anything but a couple of posted videos to show off my animation.  So I started making this reel, and then I saw that the job had been taken down already, but I figured it would be good to have this made.  I might not be the best reel, but my animation can only get better from now on.

Enjoy


Demo Reel 2012 from Tyler Williams on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment