Monday, January 10, 2011

Mighty Mouse Comic Strip

Well here is my first comic strip made just in time for the holidays. It's a Christmas adventure, so I barely got it done in time. Now that a lot of the holiday rush is over I can post it up here for you guys to see. It was kinda rushed to get it done before Christmas, so there was more I wanted to do with it, but being my first comic, I don't mind if it's a little incomplete.






So that was my first finished comic, exciting huh? It was a lot of fun, and it did push me to draw a lot better. I was just drawing Mighty Mouse off of one of his model sheets and was having fun putting him in different poses, so I decided to do a comic with him in it.

Here is my rough storyboard, and then scene sketches.


















Now, here are those sketches arranged on a page and cleaned up. I didn't start off with a full page layout in mind, but i think it worked out pretty well. Next time I will probably do shorter stuff, so that I can work on different specific areas easier. Also I think of the page layout earlier than this time.






Inspired by this post that I read a long time ago, and after looking at it again, it ironically shows a Mighty Mouse comic. What are the odds.

John K Stuff: "How Can I Get Life In My Drawings?" - Tell A Story

And here is my Terrytoons Model Sheet Post

No comments:

Post a Comment